The 2014 All Star Invitational Marching Band combines unique learning experiences with premier performance opportunities and an exciting destination to create an event that students will remember forever.
This exciting week includes the opportunity to work with the nation’s leading marching band directors and culminates in not one, but two performances on one of the biggest stages in college football – the Orange Bowl!
2014 Itinerary – Monday, December 30, 2013 – Saturday, January 4, 2014
|Monday, December 30||Arrive in sunny South Florida, and get energized for an exciting week of rehearsals with the best directors and performers in the marching world. An All Star Marching Band representative will greet you at the airport. The hotel shuttle will transport you to your hotel for program registration and check-in. Later tonight, you’ll attend a music leadership seminar where you’ll get to know fellow All Stars, and kick off this action-packed program!|
|Tuesday, December 31||Grab your instruments, flags, and batons, and hit the ground running with morning and afternoon rehearsals under the direction of renowned music directors such as Notre Dame’s Dr. Ken Dye. Relax and make new friends at the All Star Social.|
|Wednesday, January 1||Get a bright and early start with a morning rehearsal for your exclusive All Star performance. After lunch, enjoy sunny South Florida during a trip to the beach. This evening, you will meet other musicians and have the opportunity to work with additional music directors as you prepare for the combined band halftime show.|
|Thursday, January 2||Show off the skills that you learned last night at a morning halftime show rehearsal. After lunch, work with fellow All Stars to put the finishing touches on your exclusive routine. Later tonight, join your fellow All Stars for an event planned exclusively for you.|
|Friday, January 3||Performance Day! The anticipation starts to build this morning at your final rehearsal. Later, you’ll join the combined band rehearsal for the halftime show. It’s time! Enjoy the game and take the field for an exclusive All Star performance in front of 75,000 fans at the Orange Bowl! Join a national caliber lineup of marching bands for an incredible culmination performance at the Orange Bowl Halftime Show!|
|Saturday, January 4||Say goodbye to South Florida and your fellow All Stars before your flight home. Be sure to take a final bow before you go!|
Program Components and Cost
The All Star Invitational program includes extensive support throughout the week. The cost of the 2014 program includes*:
- Exposure to some of the biggest names in the marching profession for the program duration
- Free academic credit through the Discovery for Credit program
- All rehearsal costs, including equipment and sheet music
- All production costs and services for your two Orange Bowl performances
- Additional performance opportunties as available, which have in the past included activties such as marching in the Jr. Orange Bowl Parade
- Orange Bowl game ticket
- All activity fees, including leadership seminar, evening socials, All Star celebration, and other activities
- All ground transportation** during the program, including transfers between specified airport and hotels (arrival and departure flights/trains are the responsibility of participants)
- Chaperones and program staff
- Five nights lodging at a highly rated, student-friendly South Florida hotel (quad occupancy) with on-site staff
- Breakfast and dinner daily starting with dinner on day one and ending with breakfast on day six
- Privately hired night security on each occupied hotel floor to ensure restful nights for performers
- A 24-hour staffed emergency office to handle the unexpected
- An exclusive Doctors On Call arrangement for medical support while on the program
*All inclusions subject to change.
**Transportation to and from South Florida not included.
Please note: A set payment plan is available.
The All Star Invitational Marching Band is dedicated to bringing together talented performers. Need-based, partial scholarships are available to ensure that all performers are able to experience this unique performance opportunity. Please call 1-855-803-3334 for more information.
All Star Invitational Marching Band FAQs
We’ve compiled the questions most frequently asked by nominating directors, performers, and parents. Please check the FAQs for the answer to your question.